Jockey Tires - Which Is the most effective for My Van?
It was just today that a client asked me about jockey wheel substitute as his 1 week old van had a broken jockey wheel (JW) as well as it was not covered by the manufacturer.
It is fairly hard to explain the distinctions without being able to provide a picture. Nevertheless from my research these are the primary kinds available in Australia.
The Economic situation style Jockey Wheel:
· has a 150-265mm size or 6 inch solid rubber wheel fitted with a quick release clamp type bracket.
· This bracket allows for height change as well as easy application and also elimination of the JW.
· The clamp screws to the drawbar.
· The solid rubber wheels are fitted with a nylon shrub
· Ranked at an ability of 350kg
· Has a 220mm lift
A variant of this style is a swivel bracket which can be bolted to the drawbar or fitted making use of either u screws or welded on is recommended. The advantage of this, is that the JW be kept parallel to the drawbar which is matched for taking a trip. Also, there is no demand to remove it from the trailer.
The JW with a pneumatic tire are:
· spring loaded with a dual lock pin for security.
· JW with pneumatic tire includes ball bearings
· Are ranked at 120kg as well as have same lift 220mm.
An additional variation is the solid pneumatically-driven tyre which ranks much better at 350kg and 220mm lift.
We currently enter the Premium design JW which provide attributes like:
· Foldable handle
· All parts are galvanised
· Placing braces are durable
When pulling and a.
· Double lock dual is fitted for safety, · Swivel bracket permits the JW to be folded away.
· Features a chassis brace which enables the JW trailer jockey wheel to be bonded, bolted or u-bolted to the trailer draw bar.
· Rated at 350kg ability.
· 250mm lift.
· 150mm solid wheel rubber tire.
There are variants on the above which are:.
200 (which is the circumference of the wheel) x 50mm (size) strong tyre,.
250 x 50mm strong solid wheel and also tyre.
260 x 80 mm wheel.
And also 350 x 4 inch pneumatic tyre.
If one can afford it after that the adjustable securing pin swivel bracket (3.3 kg) is advised as you can swivel the JW or remove it. It fits for caravans as well as trailers with extremely high or low ground clearance.
What you should never ever buy for a recreation use campers is the auto pull back JW unless you want it for industrial use. Some vans are used at circus and celebrations to offer food out of and in this circumstance it would certainly be recommended. In this situation the take care of is wound to retract the wheel as well as fork to a taking a trip position.
For the customer that checked his broken JW? Well we would recommend the cog type JW called power mover.
Eclipse Caravans is a specialized supplier of caravan devices [http://www.eclipsecaravan.com]
Our on-line shop benefits campers and also motorhome owners. We specialise in importing lots of items consisting of, jockey wheels, pneumatic tryre jockey wheel, solid rubber jockey wheels. Our variety of campers spares also helps with camper van conversions.
A variation of this design is a swivel brace which can be bolted to the drawbar or fitted using either u bolts or welded on is suggested. The advantage of this, is that the JW be saved parallel to the drawbar which is suited for travelling. What you need to never ever acquire for a leisure use caravan is the car pull back JW unless you desire it for business use. In this case the deal with is wound to pull back the wheel as well as fork to a taking a trip placement.
We are experts in importing many products including, jockey wheels, pneumatic tryre jockey wheel, strong rubber jockey wheels.